Silhouette Photography


Silhouette photography 

TJ Scott 

TJ Scott is a Canadian, Film and Television Director/Writer/Photographer based in Los Angles. He has directed the hit series Spartacus for Starz and the new series The Transporter for HOB/Cinemax.TJ’s film, Deadliest Sea, was nominated for five Gemini Awards in Canada last year; Best Movie, Director, Actor, Supporting Actor and Art Direction. 



 What I like most about TJ Scott work is how he uses the light as the main focal point of the photo.
and how he capturers the sunlight in-between her legs as the sun is setting it really makes this photo I would like to do something smiler to this but I want you to still be able to see the face as-well.
What I also like is how he makes this mounting effect in the background and how he has the different levels in the photo gives it definition and how he has put the photo in yellow/orange gives the photo a warm feeling to it,When I look at this photo I always like of a really hot summers day just because of how he has the sun setting in the background and how the girl has a summer dress on,The sun is the main focal point to the photo and how the sun is in the middle of the photo as-well gives it the summer feel to it like I said when I look at it,it jest reminds me of summer and the smell of sun cream and sea.What I like most is the fact how he has the yellow tones and orange tones to the photo.



When I was thinking of ideas what I could do for my silhouette I did want to do a girl standing looking into a mirror at herself but we just could get the right lighting for it and when we did the mirrors reflection would just mess the photo up so I had to think of something else I could do and we was playing around with a-few things and this was a tester shot and I just liked how it looked so I just wanted to play around with it in photo-shop and see what I would get and I just went on ajiustments and colour balance and played around with it till I got this very dark black and white which I could be more happy with just because I love how the light,lights up the two girls faces but in a subtle way I set the aperture at F/25 and had the exposure at 1/18,When I was doing the play around shots I wanted to add another light but the photos was coming out too bright and I wasn't liking that too much just because I had this idea what I already wanted to it was trying to find it and getting the right tones in the photo and find this one to be the hardiest just because I couldn't get the right lighting.I used a canon EOS 65OD and put the IOS at 200.What I like most about this photo is how the girl on the left you can see the look on her face and she looks like she dosent really care about what's going on because the way she is looking down and looks like she is thinking about something and the girl on the right you cant really see her face but that's what I like most about this photo is the way its captured so much and this was only a play about shot.I think the main focal point to this photo is the gap in-between the two models were you can see there face every-time I look at this photo my eye go strange to that gap,If I could re-done this photo I would I couldn't be more happy with how this photo come and and I am happy that I went with the idea of black and white I didn't want any colour in this photo just because when I think of silhouette I always think of black and white.




Comments