Product Photography

Product Photography 

Michael Jones 



Michael Jones has been photographing for more than 15 years.  As many photographers know, it is an addictive art. By shooting weddings, portraits and events Michael is given the ongoing opportunity to tell the tales of life that he sees everyday.

"Each event I do has it's own story," Michael says. "It's nice to be able to do something I love while I'm 'working'. There are moments of each event that can really only be told with the camera. That is what I do."
















In the first picture,the bottom half of and man and women and she has her mouth open and she is applying red lipstick,The mans jawline is perfectly chizzled out with a cast of shadow onto her neck. I got the idea to melt the lipstick with a hair dryer and have it melting down on the lipstick as you can see from the photo next to it that is how the lipstick will be posiutioned.



When I was thinking of something to do for product I know I wanted something with a pop of colour but the background to still be bland and not that in your face so the pop of colour would be the main focal point.I used a Nikon D5100,I set my aperture F/5.6-Exposure was at 1/200 sec.How I took this photo was a bit different to how I normally take photos,I got a table and pulled down the white down ground then I cut it so it covered the table I had 3 lights set up one to the back of the table and two either side and then I had one of the girls to help me she was holding the hair dryer to melt the lipstick down I got some really good shots if the lipstick melting down but I wanted the lipstick to be coming the the bottle,I didn't use flash didn't think it was necessary,Just because of all the lights I had one,ISO was at 400.I did Photoshop this photo I went on Image,Adjustments-Brightness/Contrast levels and played around with that but I wasn't like anything so I wanted the photo to look more sharper and that professional look to the photo so I made the lipstick colour more brighter so I went on corves it gives you the greatest control when doing something like this,You will notice slight brighting in you photo when you move it about soon as I was happy I still wasn't happy I wanted it to have the really professional studio look to the photo so I brighten the background up so I clicked on the side bar on the healing brush,patch because there was this dark patch on my photo in the background and I wanted that gone and then I went back on the tool bat clicked on magic-wand history brush/art history brush to smooth edges and then I was happy with what the photo come out like,And I think my idea of the melting lipstick was a challenging because of the whole melting the lipstick will it melt or not so it come out really well and I have to say I like how I Photoshop it as well it give it the more professional look to the photo as-well I think the hardiest thing when doing this photo was melting the lipstick just the whole waiting for it to melt.












Comments