Metallic

Metallic 




When it come to doing metallic I couldn't find any photographers so I had to used Google and Pinterest which give me a-lot of inspiration with metallic as finding things to take pictures of but I wanted something simple but still had a-lot of detail in the picture and I seen a picture of spoons in a line and that's where I got the idea of putting them in a jar I thought that could be the bit of detail it needed,I like the pictures I did for still life I should of used a tripod but I didn't think at the time but if I was to redo this shoot I would used a tripod,I had lights left and right of the table and also I used a soft box to give it that sorter look to that picture,When It come to editing It was abit harder because I haven't really edited a white background before,I used the Dodge tool and the Burn tool lighten or darken areas of the image. These tools are based on a traditional darkroom technique for regulating exposure on specific areas of a print. Photographers hold back light to lighten an area on the print dodging or increase the exposure to darken areas on a print burning and I used it to just lighten the white to make it look more professional but I will say this it is a-lot hander than it looks,It took me a while to get the hang of getting different areas the same brightness,It took a while but I am happy with the end result,I also moved the brightness up just to make that picture blended all together,I used  Canon EOS 650D I did find it hard to get the right ISO but in the end I set it on ISO-400,F-stop was F/5.
I am more than happy but only thing I would change is using a tripod and taking different angles of the picture as I only got picture in this set up I think some at birds eye view would of looked really nice getting different tones and textures of the spoons and forks also catching the different lights.



Like I said in my first picture I couldn't find an artist or a photographer that did metallic so I had to look elsewhere so I took to Google and Pinterest,I wanted to do something simple but still uses the same things I did in the first picture but I remember seeing a picture of spoons,forks and knifes all on top of each other and I knew I wanted to do something with spoons and all that,After I done the first picture I just pulled all the forks and spoons out and put them on top of each other,The only thing I will say is if I could redo this I would of got different angles of this picture as well because I think if I got a-few shots on a level view I think that would of looked nice with the curves of the spoons and the sharpness of the fork pointing up I think that would of looked nice,But I am more than happy with how this come out I used Canon EOS 650D,I had the ISO set the same as my first picture which was ISO-400 and the F-stop was F/5.
I also used the Dodge and burn tool on this as-well I didn't find it so hard for this was because I got the hang of it when it come to editing this one but I still found it hard I also used the spot healing tool just to clean up the little bits that was on the white,I did also turn up the brightness just so the spoons and forks was as bright as the background,because it looked abit odd them being dull,dont get me wrong you can see where I have editing the Dodge and burn and that's because it was hard trying to get in-between with spoons but im happy with how it come out and this being the second time used Dodge and burn tool properly,I will say this when using the Dodge and burn tool it dose take time you dont always see the difference straight away,So you will need a-lot of patiences when doing it,Because I didn't and I give up a-few times but I got there in the end.

Shoot dates 

21/03/2016




Comments