Experimental 8 pictures

Experimental 8 pictures 

Night Exposure 


 
I wanted to use night exposure as one of my final 8 for experimental,because I know it would be something I would like doing and it was.the only thing I found hard was keeping the camera still and I know I should of had a tripod but at the time I thought,how hard is it to hold a camera still for 10 seconds,it turns out very hard,every photo I did wasn't coming out how I wanted them to so I found this metal railing by the road so I put the camera on that so it was take the picture better and it did I had a few like this one but soon as I edited it up on photo-shop I just loved how this one coming out the most,I just a different photo-shop called Fotor and what this dose it you can play around with the tint on the photos and other things as-well,so what I did was I opened the open in fotor,I clicked on the side bar and clicked on scenes and I picked darken out of them all and I went back to the side bar and clicked on  edit which is where you play around with brightness,contrast,saturation,temperature and tint.I played around with them till I was happy,I played with the tint the most I liked this pink/purple tone and I really do like how this come out I think it works really well I never thought to put a tint on my work before and I really like how this come out I think it makes the car light stand-out more and then I clicked effects on the side bar and there was a list of different ones you could pick and inside that there was more effects in that so I clicked on dark corners then I picked dallas I like my work dark and I am more than happy with how this one come out,I used a canon EOS 700D,I didn't use flash I didn't think I would need it,I was getting plenty of light from the cars and the street lights,I had the ISO speed on 1600,I had the exposure time was 6 seconds,I took this by Queens way Birmingham,I know it was going to be busy at night,and I did get some great shots of night exposure but I just loved how this come out after I edited it,If I was to re-do this I would of taken a tripod,I wouldn't of found it so hard to do if I had one,I think the main focal point to this picture is the lighting going round and that is one are my favourite parts of the picture.


Posterization 



When I looked up posterizarion up I just loved how the pictures looked so I wanted to do something like that,I set 2 lights up I had a soft box light just to the right of her so the left side of her face would have a shadow on it,then I just another light just in front of her just to high light her face,when I took  a few shots and liked them I opened them up looked thought them and I picked this one I liked how more of her face was high lighted in this picture then,I opened it in photo-shop and clicked on image aijustmeants then clicked on threshold-change balance I moved it till I liked the shadow on her face,then I went to the side bar paint tool and I started to used different shades of pink and I did this on her,but I did have to draw her right arm,just because if I tried to colour that in the background would of went pink,I did like doing this I but,if I could of re-done this I would of done 4 of these pictures and put them together but with different colours in them,that's if I could re-do it but I am more than happy with this and how it come out,I didn't use flash I didn't need it I had plenty of light from the soft-box ,I used a canon 650D,The IOS-1600,focal length 28 mm,I do really like how this come out I think the main focal point is her face,because its in the middle of the picture.
I like how I didn't colour behind her I feel like that would of took all the focus off her and put it on the background which I didn't want to do that so I just left it the way it was and I think it works really well with one side white and the other black.

Strobe 




Now doing strobe photography isn't one of the easiest things to do,I had to put the camera on a slow shutter speed and depending on how long the shutter speed was I had to work out how long before I had to press the light to go off,now it took me lots of goes to get this right and I would say this had to be the hardiest thing Iv'e done so far in photography in the end I had my exposure time on for 30 seconds which I had my model more her arms 5 times in the picture so I did 6 seconds for each arm move which I which they stand-out more but the only other way,I would get them to stand-out more is if I did 5 different shot of her moving her arms and them layer them on top of each other in photo-shop which I didn't want to do I wanted to do this way,I wanted to push myself to do it this way,because I don have a lot of patience when it comes to things like this and I wanted to push myself that more,When I finally got the picture right and how I liked it,I opened it up in photo-shop I cropped it by 6X4 then I clicked on image-aijustmeants-brightness and then I went on black and white then I clicked on filter,sharpen and then I clicked on mask,and then it was trying to make the arms stand-out more by sharpening them it worked a little not a lot,but then I clicked at the top of photo-shop and it gives you four options which was hight-light,shadows,burn and soft,I used them all to try and make the arms stand-out more which it did work but not as much as I thought it would and the only other way is to take 5 picture and layer them on top of each other,which I didn't want to do but I am happy with this and how it come out I had to put the ISO right down to 100,I used a canon 650D and I had the F/22,I didn't need flash cause the soft box was the flash every-time she moved her arms,I also found it hard getting where to put the light if it was to the left/right of her you couldn't see that arm so I had to find the right spot for the light to be and I light was set on something like 2.5 so it wasn't high ,I think the main focus point is the arms,Its just something you don't see in a lot of photography,If I could re-do this I would try some other ways to make the arms darker and make them stand-out more but other than at I am more then happy with this I did like pushing myself and doing something different,something I wouldn't do.


Abstract 



I was just going around my house and I found this old door handle,under the stairs and I thought it would be something different taking a picture of a door handle I used flash and I do like how the flash is high-lighting parts on the handle and I also like how it looks old and how the metal texture is coming off it give the picture more of an age to it makes it look older,I used a Nikon D5100,I did edit this I used a different photo-shop I used Fotor,photo-shop I like using this to edit my work,I feel like it has more you can do on there but saying that,I do like the other photo-shop to do,light colouring and things like that but I used darken,and then I clicked on the side bar and went on edit which has brightness,contrast,saturation and more I played around with the brightness I did it low,because I thought I have flash on so it wont darken the door handle which it didn't and then I just put black and white filter on it and I think it works really well,I really like the flash on the metal and how its reflecting and lighting up the picture I do like that,If I was to re-do this picture I wouldn't change anything I am more than happy with how this come out,I think the main focus point is the front of the handle because the back is blurred out and that's because of depth of filed and how I took it I had the ISO 200 and F/5.6,I do like how this come I wish I did take pictures of other door handles I they can be interesting up close and you see all the detail in the handle.


HDR 


I took 3 pictures of the same thing but in different exposures the first picture was low-F/20 IOS-100 and 1/8 second exposure time the medium exposure was F/8 ISO-800 and 1/60 second exposure time and the highest exposure was F/14 ISO-1600 and the exposure time was 1/20 seconds,So I used a different photo-shop,this time its called photo-mix and this was better in some was because it had these filters on right hand side of the page and there was same really interesting ones,opened photo-mix and then load bracketed photos then click browse pick the 3 pictures you want then click OK,then it comes up with preprocessing options,then click OK again then it comes up with merging to HDR  you click OK again,then it comes up with all different filters I picked Relief,this isn't one my  favourite,but I wanted to show how I get better with my others so I wanted to show this one,if I was to re-do this I would definitely used a tripod but I didn't think I would need one when doing a HDR but it,is really hard to keep the camera still,so I wanted to see that in my other ones I used a tripod,you learn from your mistakes,I do like how the wood is braking away I think that is a nice and interesting detail to the picture just a shame about the bottle,that you cant see it that well,but I do like parts of this picture,like I said I wanted to add this picture to show how I improve in my other pictures.


I took 3 pictures of the same thing but in different exposures the first picture was low-F/29 IOS-100 and 1/30 second exposure time the medium exposure was F/32 ISO-1600 and 1/30 second exposure time and the highest exposure was F/32 IS-12800 and the exposure time was 1/30 seconds,So I used a different photo-shop,this time its called photo-mix and this was better in some was because it had these filters on right hand side of the page and there was same really interesting ones,opened photo-mix and then load bracketed photos then click browse pick the 3 pictures you want then click OK,then it comes up with preprocessing options,then click OK again then it comes up with merging to HDR  you click OK again,then it comes up with all different filters I picked photographic,which has this grainy look to the picture and I really like,I also like the sky,how its this dark look,looks like there is going to be a storm and I like how the light is in the middle of the picture and I just find the wall really interesting with all the different tones and patterns and really like and how this one come out,I like the different tones of blues there are on the wall I really like the sky I couldn't be more happy with how this one come out,If I could do it again I would try different filters on it I only did a-few before I found this one and I didn't want to look at any-more,But I do wish I looked at the others and see which one I liked,When I found the filter I liked I wanted to make it dark so I turned down the brightness and contrast,because I like my work dark and I think it worked really well,I think the main focal point of the picture is the light just because its in the middle and all you focus goes to that,but I do really like how this one come out,I like the tones of blue and pulper the most.


I took 3 pictures of the same thing but in different exposures the first picture was low-F/6.3 IOS-100 and 1/30 second exposure time the medium exposure was F/10 ISO-800 and 1/30 second exposure time and the highest exposure was F/25 ISO-12800 and the exposure time was 1/30 seconds,So I used a different photo-shop,this time its called photo-mix and this was better in some was because it had these filters on right hand side of the page and there was same really interesting ones,opened photo-mix and then load bracketed photos then click browse pick the 3 pictures you want then click OK,then it comes up with preprocessing options,then click OK again then it comes up with merging to HDR  you click OK again,then it comes up with all different filters I picked highlight and I do like this one I like how the parts of the lock is high-lighted and this also has very cool tones and most blue I think all of them have this cold feel to the pictures,I like how you can see the paint on the back of the lock from when there metal hasn't been smoothed out,I also like how the paint has chipped away from the weather and the rain I do like this but,If I could re-do this I would make this one more warm,just because I would like to of added more warm colours and bright as-well,but I didn't play around with the brightness and contrast I did nothing but add that filter to the picture,so I think it was the HDR when they have been put together they bright out colours and I guess that was blue,I think the main focal point is the lock because its in the middle of the picture and that's where your eyes go,first when looking at pictures.



I took 3 pictures of the same thing but in different exposures the first picture was low-F/6.3 IOS-100 and 1/30 second exposure time the medium exposure was F/10 ISO-800 and 1/30 second exposure time and the highest exposure was F/25 ISO-12800 and the exposure time was 1/30 seconds,So I used a different photo-shop,this time its called photo-mix and this was better in some was because it had these filters on right hand side of the page and there was same really interesting ones,opened photo-mix and then load bracketed photos then click browse pick the 3 pictures you want then click OK,then it comes up with preprocessing options,then click OK again then it comes up with merging to HDR  you click OK again,then it comes up with all different filters I picked blue sepia,I think I like this one the most I like how you can actually see the spray paint flecks,I think that's an interesting detail,I also like how you can see the brick wall as-well I think its the little details that make a picture ans I really like that,but if I was to re-do this I would of went somewhere bigger so there was more spray paint work just to capture all the detail on a bigger scale,I find it hard to look at this for a long time,just because,it makes my eyes going funny but I do like this most the most I feel like this one has the most detail,on it,I think the main foal point is the whole picture,because its an up close shot and everything is in your view.I took all my HDR in Digbeth,because I thought it would be interesting with all the different spray paint work there is their.







Comments