Social Commentary


social commentary 





When I was coming up with ideas for,Social commentary I couldn't really think of anything But I did some research and I found this picture and it got me thinking how when you look at yourself how everyone around you wants to put you apart and drag you down with them and what I liked most is how the girl looks in the mirrors and see's what people are doing,how they are pulling her apart and changing her and who she use to be and what she has become,I wanted to do something the same.I don't really like the edit on this photo I think,It would f looked better if it was in black and white it give the photo that cold feeling.If I could change this photo I would do that but Its not my photo.I could find the photographer for this photo I did try a number of way to find the photographer but I just couldn't.







I used a canon EOS 65OD,I set the exposure at 1/3,So I wanted to do something like the photo I found but I didn't want to the exacted same I wanted to put my own twist on the photo and this is want I come up with I wished I did play around with it more like,made the photo more darker and maybe changed the lighting set up to see the different shadows I could of made on the skin,But I could this one out of them all the most hardiest just because noting was coming to mind when I thought of social commentary and when I was doing research I found that photo above and it got me thinking of how people pull and try and drag you down with them just cause there not doing well and that's what I wanted to show in this photo,How people will pull you and put you down in life just to make themselves feel better,Like I've had it all my life people telling me I wont get far because of my Dyslexia and people always putting me down and saying bad things and I wanted to show that in this photo like two people pulling you telling you aren't good enough to do something and what Ives learnt is to think I will show you.I played around with the aperture abit till I got it right aperture was set on F/18 and ISO-200,When It come to editing this photo I just went on photo-shop,Image-adjustments and went on brightness and contrast and played around with that till I got this but If I could go back I would of made this photo more darker just cause I'm not happy now im looking at it I think It would of looked so much better if it had that darker feel to the photo,














Comments