Interior/Exterior/night shots And Research

Interior/Exterior/night shots And Research 



People In Landscape(lesley)

I did people in the workplace,I wanted to show there facial expression and concentration as they work,I also wanted to capture day to day work and their experiences.photo I got off on-line and I wanted to show something similar to my work so when I went out to take some photos I went to the security area and just started to take some photos.


PHOTO A 
In photo A I wanted my photo to be the same with the walky talky and show some  strong facial expression toward there work.
In my photo I decided to Photoshop it and I only played around with the contrast and changed the colour to a darker colour which makes the photo look more detailed and serious







PHOTO B 

In photo B I changed the contrast to give it that serious look I made it dark and I love how the sun is shining throw and giving that photo a main focal point to it not just him standing there.







Hospitality (lesley) 


Tim Martin

I couldn't find much about this photographer but his work is something else just the way he capturer so much in one photo and that's what I really like about this photo with the warm tones with the brown and oranges and how you can see the sun shinning throw the bottle it makes a nice change to what you normally see.If you click on the link you will see all of the other drinks and this is wear I got the idea to do drinks for hospitality.but I just love how the lighting on this picture,I can see how he would of took this photo,he used natural,light to give the photo more warm tones and I really like that and I would love to do natural light when taking my photos,Just because I think when you used studio lights it looks staged light and What I mean by this is the photo would have more a a raw look to it then it dose now,with using natural.





  
Here I took a photo are so drinks when I was out one weekend and I thought this would make a nice photo instead of a room full of people,It was abit hard getting the lighting on this just because,When your in a bar,club or a pub the lighting is never good so you have to make your own. 

What I like most about this photo is how the bottle is lit up from the bottom,It gives it that nice like touch to the photo and What I also like is the fact you can see people standing in the background like I said before I didn't want to take photos with a room full of people so I thought I would take photos of drinks and have people in the background. 

The same with this photo,You can still see people in the background of the photo,I do like the way I have come up with this idea of taking photos of drinks and having people in the background,What I like about this photo is that you can see the yellow light on the table and its comes up in your face when looking at this photo,Which is something different for me to do.

In this photo is a group of my and my friends and I told them to put all of our glass together and I do like how this one come out just because it was a really dark room and we could see much that was going on so I did have to put flash on which you can see on the one glass,but there was nothing I could of done.

This photo is group of us and what I like about this is you can see the green and red light on us from the club and I thought this was a good shot just because hospitality is people,What I like most about this photo is that how the light cover our faces and how it goes from red to green. 

Still Life(lesley) 


Kevin-Nicholson 

Originally from Glasgow, Kevin left home at 17 to travel the world and find fame and fortune. He didn't find either, but 3 years of living and working in the Middle East, Africa, Indonesia and Australia did kindle an abiding passion for photography which has shaped the course of his subsequent life and career.
Kevin is an Still Life,Food and Commercial and other 



What I like about his work its simple things but he makes them into something more like this for example this is a photo of a vacuum  and its something as simple as that but looks way more complex and that's what I like about his work I love the edit on this as-well its got some really nice tones on the photo and the lighting set-up with the light above the object.I image he took the photo with a single studio light to give this outer,darkness to the photo,which I really would like to do something like this to mine if I edit my picture,I just love how its minimalistic,To his photos,and the grey,tone to his work really brings out all together,






With still life I wanted something simple and I had a few objects on the table and I was playing around with them and I liked how these ones come out,What I like most is how you can see the lit on the camera film and when I was setting up the objects I pulled the film from inside of the cap and I liked how it had this ringlet but I like most is how the light is captured on this photo and its the sun light as-well like it wasn't staged.I didn't want to photo shop this photo just cause I like how the sun is hitting the film but if I did I would just put it in black and white.

This photo is just a close up of the first one but I think I would edit this one and put it in this really dark black and white,I think I like most of my work in black and white just cause I feel like the photo makes you feel something more than when its in colour.I would only change the edit on this photo I still like how the sun lights up this photo.



I wanted to add something else to these still life photos and I added the bottle and I do like how this one come out but there is no sun light in this one,not like the other ones and I do like this one how its darker than the other two but still has this fresh look to the photo like its crisp,there is no out of focus nothing like that and that's what I like about this if I could do this one again I wouldn't really change anything.

I didn't want to change the objects so I kept the camera film just because I was liking how these photos was coming out with the light coming off the film and I was say this has to be my favourite because,I like how the camera film is getting that light but if I could go back I would change the edit on this to black and white but I didn't photo shop this one just because I though I would lose all the detail to the photo. 

Interiors/Photographing For The College (lesley)



This photo is of a workshop in college,the women who is in the middle is a rapper and is sat around a tables full of other people,I didn't used photo shop just because I didn't think I needed it,she is in the middle and she is the main focal point of the photo.

When taking a picture indoor I would need to consider,a hight ISO-White balance and a fast shutter speed also a hight aperture and What I found hard was trying to get the right shutter speed and if I could do it again I would try and play around with that.

This photo is abit more lit up but not very much it was hard trying to take photos just because there was lots of us trying to take photos and also non of the students wanted to have there photo taken so this is the best I could do and the room wasn't very well lit.

This picture of the women talking to the group,sat around her the lighting wasn't very good,Which is why the back ground isn't very well lit up,I didn't use any Photoshop on this photo just because there was not much I could of done with this photo just because non of the students wanted to have there photo taken. 


Transport (lesley)

Freeze-

For this photo my shutter speed was 1/1000 and my IOS was 100 and my aperture was F/10
The picture of a bus coming down I didn't want anything else in this shot just the bus coming down the road it gives it the simple focal point to the photo and I didn't want so much happening this one photo.


The same with this photo my shutter speed was at 1/1000.My ISO was at 400 and aperture was F/10
I didn't want to much happening in this photo but I did this how you can see the cars coming round the roundabout,Which is a nice shot to have.


For this photo I put my shutter speed at 1/100 and my ISO was on 100,Aperture was at F/10
This had to be my favourite one just because of how the cars are all in one line and the sun is shining of the cars,It really brings out the colours in the cars,With more of a crips look to them.

Panning-

My shutter speed was at 1/25,My ISO at 100 and aperture at F/29
What I like about this photo is that you can see anything else just that car and how the car is also kinda blurred as well I like that in this photo.

Blur-

My shutter speed was at 1/15,My ISO was at 100 and my aperture was at F/18 
When taking this I knew I wanted the whole photo to be bury but not to the point you can make out what it is so I like how this come out,I thought it was going to come out so bad that you could see this at all.



Architectural Photography (beth)


In this photo of architectural photography I like that facted that the building have there own place,What I mean is that the buildings are showing levels which and you don't normally see that with architectural photography its normally of stairs or one building up close,And the tone of the photo is bright and it looks Photoshop,I'm saying this just because the sky looks abit too perfect and the building do as well,But I do like how this photographer has find these building and how there are showing all the different levels and distant between each building dosent look that far it look neat.



In this photo just by looking at it,its is definitely Photoshop but I do like the way this has been taken and I would definitely like to take something like this for my 5 photo we have to take I like that fact its about down view of London and how the main focal point is the handrail and I also like how the sky looks bright in some parts not all over like the last photo which was a clear day,This photo has that storm look to the photo and coming back tot Photoshop the photo looks too perfect.But I do like how this has been taken.


These are my photos of Architectural photography 


 This photo is is an Exterior photo of the mailbox in town Birmingham when I was taking this photo I didn't want the whole building in the photo just the main part which it the name of the place which it is there is red letters,I also Photoshop it,to give it this yellow wash look to the photo and make it look a bit pale wash to is aswell we was asked to take 5 photos of famous place in Birmingham and Did the mailbox just because everyone knows it and were it is we also had a choice in,What order we wanted to do them I did, 2 interior/2 exterior/1 night shot


This is my other exterior shot I was going to do the mailbox but I thought take a different photo of somewhere else and the is not far from the mailbox and I thought it would make a nice photo to put in my work with all the detail on the bridge and how it goes dark and then light again
This photo is my night shot its on top on the cube at night and what I liked most about when I was taking this was you had a city view and it was the most beautiful thing seeing all the light and the city at night I was going to take a photo are the mailbox and night but I thought why not take a city shot and its right by the mailbox in town Birmingham.
It took me a few times to get the right lighting just because the lights wasn't showing up aswell as they was in person.


I also got a photo of the mailbox at night just to show all the lights,Because I wanted to see a city view on top of the cube and then a view of the building,I got one in the day and night,shot just to show the red light on the mailbox. 



This photo is of inside of the mailbox,and I liked how the light was put up in different leavens it gives it that bit of urban style which I like and I like how the light is coming in from the right side of the photo it has the brightness to darkness which I do like and I also like if you look to the back of the photo you will see these lights and how you can see then going back and gives the photo this 3D look.


Natural Landscape 


Ross-Hoddinott 

Ross Hoddinott is one of the UK's leading natural history and landscape photographers. He has been working as a full time professional since 1997, contributing to numerous publications worldwide and supplying imagery to NaturePL and the National Trust Picture Library. He is a regular contributor to the UK photo press. He is also a successful author, with seven books to his name and, as a member of the 2020VISION photo team.











What can I say about his work its just something that you wouldn't think was real,Like look at the detail on that photo and how crisp and fresh look at natural landscape he shows that landscape dosent have to be that same old trees and leaves he shows you that there is more to taking natural landscape.




I took these photos at the licky hills which is park its just on the edge of Birmingham,Its a beautiful place to take natural landscape pictures,What I love most how this photo is the moss on this bit of wood I found on the floor,And I love most is how I captured the wet moss and the wood I think if I was to edit it I would of lost all of that detail on this photo and I love how you can see the wet wood and down to the last detail on this one I wouldn't change this if I could of done this again. 

When I was taking this one I was just walking around and I seen this and the sun was shining on this and my eye when straight to this and I think this is a beautiful picture but there is a lot going on maybe I should of got a close up shot of this but I still love the way it has come out.I didn't want to edit this cause like I said in my last one I didn't want to lose all that detail.

This photo was hard to take because the wind was going so hard so I had to get someone to hold it just so I could get a shot,What I do like is how you can  see the hills in the background and the rough concrete it splits the photo in two and then it has this really night tree branch that goes over it,If I could do it again I would of got a close up of one of the little pine cones.

When I was walking about I seen these trees and the sun was shining down throw them and I knew I had to take a photo of it and I do like how this one come out I didn't edit it just cause I wanted you to see the colours and tones of the trees at the bottom of the picture and I didn't want to take that away with editing it and I love how the sun is coming throw the trees like that I think that is the main focal point to the photo If I could do this photo again I wouldn't change anything about I just thing with the sun shining down it gives the photo and something more. 

When I seen these logs where someone has cut them down or they have broken off I think it looked really nice with the plant growing in between the logs and I thought that was something no one has really taken photos off and I just liked how it looked but I would edit this one I would of liked to put it in black and white to make the ash trees stand out more cause they are white and the background would of had more grey and black tones it and I thing that would of made a nice little tough to the picture.


Fact Files  


This fact file is of interiors. 
This fact file of events.

This fact file is of people in place.
This fact file is of consignment 

My top 6 Pictures  



Hospitality- 


I picked this one for my final six and what I like most is how the lighting is set up I didn't use flash or use an off camera light for explain an flash gun,I know this picture is dark but that's what I like most in this picture and how you can see the light for the club is reflection on to the bar,I thing that is one of the main parts in why I picked this picture for my final,I also like how I got the condensation on the glasses I think that's a nice little detail to the picture,I take this picture at a bar called revolution broad street,Birmingham,When we was picking which 3 location,I wanted to pick hospitality,because I had so much funny with I was taking these photos with all different light playing around with all different drinks and colours of drinks and I just love how this one come I didn't photo-shop this picture but if I did I want put it in black and white just because I thing that light in the background would really stand out more,I also like how you can still see people in the background of the photo,I do like the way I have come up with this idea of taking photos of drinks and having people in the background,it gives the picture more of casual feel to the picture and that's what I like most,I think the main focal point to this picture is of the two drinks,because they are in the middle of the picture so your eye will got straight to them,the drinks in this picture is of a shot of vodka and Cranberry Kamikaze.


I have to say out all of my hospitality picture this one has to be my favourite,Just because of how you can see the liqueur,going down into the vodka shot and how the cherry liqueur is mixing together,and how you have the peach lemon drop above it,Like the different leaves I was going to just take a picture of the B-52 which is the small shot glass but I wanted some taller and colourful so I added the peach lemon drop to the photo,and what I like most is that the both of them are the main focal point to the picture,because when I was taking it I didn't want the smaller glass to be the main focal point I wanted them both to be,And I think it works really well together,I also didn't use flash for this picture or an off camera light I just used the bars light they has inside I am happy with the way this photo come out I wouldn't change this photo if I come do it again,I also like how you can see in the bottom of the peach lemon drop which is the taller glass,how you can see the bottom of the glass light up which is a nice little detail and I really think that's also a focal point,If I could photo-shop it I wouldn't just because I am more than happy with how it come out and I think if I edited it it wouldn't have the same little details that pop pit at you like they do now.I take this that a bar called Athens Greek,Birmingham,I had funny taking this photo just playing around with all the different ways to put the drinks and I put the smaller one first because I didn't want the taller glass to have all the focus on that one,because I wanted the shot to be the main focus.

Still Life-  

When I was taking still life I wanted something simple but has a lot of detail,And we was given a table full of objects,And I seen this camera film,I started to put things with the film but nothing really went so I thought I would pull the film out and I liked how the film come out like that,What I like most is how you can see the lit on the camera film and when I was setting up the objects I pulled the film from inside of the cap and I liked how it had this ringlet but I like most is how the light is captured on this photo and its the sun light as-well like it wasn't staged.I didn't want to photo shop this photo just cause I like how the sun is hitting the film but if I did I would just put it in black and white.I think the main focal point is the film,Because its like the middle of the picture and The only thing I didn't see when I was taking the photo there was some water on the table,because I wanted that clean and simple picture,I would say that's the only thing I would change I just wanted the film but there is nothing I can do about it now but I think thing is one of my favourite. 


This picture is abit like the one before but I set the camera film different,that one was a close up but this one is abit far back and I do love how this one come out I love how the,class light it hitting the film it give the picture the more studio look to it I changed the way the film was and I do like how this one come out the most just because when you look at the photo,your eyes go on to the film,And I am happy that I stuck with the camera film,I didn't photo-shop this one but I wish I did just be I like this photo would of looked so much better in black and white,which that strong light on the film it just would of made this picture so much better,I did have funny playing around with all the different ways I could set the film and I couldn't be more happy with the way this one come out.

Natural Landscape- 


I would say this is my favourite picture that I have taken,I love how the rain drops on on the leaves it really is a nice detail to the picture I just love how the sun is shining down,and the rain drops are little beads of life,I just love how this photo come out but the only thing I would change is you can see the little rocks I would of liked if I found it with just grass in the background but I guess have this type of background makes the leaves stand out a lot more I didn't photo-shop this photo just because I just love al the bright colours in this shot and I dint want to lost,the little beads of water and you wont be able to see them as good as you can see them in colour,This was taken at the licky hills,I fond this right at the top of the hill and the view I had was something else,I am happy that I picked licky hills to take my landscape.I photos I took was just beautiful,I think the main focal point is the leaves with the drops of water,just because when I look at this picture that's where my eyes goes straight to the little beads of water,I wouldn't change this if I could do it again. 

When I seen this tree with these,kinda wild mushrooms growing on this tree I knew I had to take a photo of this tree it was something different I have never seen something like this before,And I love how this picture come out I love how the background is blurry and you main focus is on the tree,I didn't photo-shop this picture,just because I wanted to show all the different tones in the picture,This was also taken at the licky hills,I found this tree right at the bottom of the hill were it was really mudder,and I looked at this one tree and it had 100 on there I'm not sure what they are but I thought it could of been wild mushrooms because they do grow by place like this,what I have to say the main focal point is the tree,even though its not in the middle of the picture its where my eyes go to soon as I look at this photo,I also love how it goes from dark to light,Because the tree has some dark tones to start off with and then the natural light is hitting the tree and I think it really bring some different tones out,which has to be my favourite,thing about this photo.If I could change anything I wouldn't change anything I am happy with the way it come out.









Comments