Light Painting

Light Painting 



Michael Bosanko  


"With over ten years experience, my photography covers modern and industrial architecture, advanced Light Graffiti, urban sub-cultures, bands, advertising, events and travel.
My work has been published in numerous tabloids, magazines and books, and I have the pleasure of writing technical articles on a regular basis for two of the most prominent Photography magazines on the market."

DEM BONES 



What I found most impressing is the fact he has put so much time in this work,And its not easy doing these kind of photos,It took me a few times to try and get it in focus,What I also like is the colours used in this photo as-well as the sun setting in the background,and the detail that has gone into the skeleton,I didn't think you could take these kind of photos at sunset or sunrise but I did some research and you can take them at any time of the day,you've just gotta push your gear to its limits,Hight ISOs,long shutter speeds,fast lenses. tripods and remote shutters and patiences it will be worth it.




This photo is my light-painting I used Nikon D5100 I used no flash,for light painting you don't need flash only the light off the phone in a dark room.I knew I didn't want just a white light I wanted to make this shoot fun and something different to the rest iv done,So I thought I could have some fun with this and it doesn't matter if you mess up you cant really tell anyway,To make the colours I used my fingers and put them over the light for the red and for the green I used green paper and to make a light painting you have to have a slow shutter speed and mine was at 20 sec,My ISO was at 100 and my Aperture was F/5,When I was taking these photo I found it hard to get the right shutter speed just because if you have a faster shutter speed the colours wont show up as good as if it was on a slow shutter speed so I found it hard trying to find the right speed it needed to be on,but when I did it was so much easier,The next thing I had to do was come up with a drawing and I went with something simple which was a heart and I used the three colours I didn't want to add or see if any more colours would work I just wanted three simple colours,I didn't want to complicate it to much I wanted something simple,I didn't Photoshop this just because I didn't think it really needed it just because the photo is dark I could of brighten up the colours but I liked it the way it come out,What I also found abit hard when doing this was the colour green wouldn't show up very strong as the other colours I did try and do more green but it just wouldn't show up as-much as the other colours,The focal point of this picture,has to be the heart because I did it in the middle I was going to do the hearts in a line next to each but the colours wasn't showing up as good when they was on top on each other so I thought I would just leave it as it was and I am happy with how it come out,If I was to do it again I would try something harder and more detail like the ones above.













Comments