Fashion Photography

Fashion photography 

Bruce Weber 



born March 29, 1946, is an American fashion photographer and occasional film-maker.He is most widely known for his ad campaigns for Calvin KleinRalph Lauren, PirelliAbercrombie & FitchRevlon, and Gianni Versace, as well as his work for VogueElleLifeInterview, and Rolling Stone magazines.  


 What I liked most about Bruce Weber is that fact how everything has to look perfect,not a hair out of place perfect man and women these people with gorgeous faces and amazing body's,And I love black and white photography,It always reminds me of the 40s/50s and the photo to the right is a photo from his work with Calvin Klein and What I have to say I like about this photo is how Bruce Weber has shown all different levels and what I mean by levels is how he has the one man leaning forward and how the sun is on his back and the other man is lying far back in his set and the third looking out the window,Looks as if he is pulling himself up to look out the window to finish off his smoke.What also stands out to me when I look at Bruce Weber,Is how he has used light in his photos it give the photo more pattern and texture but what makes it stand out that more is he puts is work in black and white,Which gives the photos normally a cold feel to the them but as the sun out shining on them it gives the photo more of this sexy,seductive feel to the photo and that's the whole point,He makes people want to look like that when they wear Calvin Klein.

I also picked another photo from his Calvin Klein work and It pretty much the same as what I was saying before the way he uses the light to give the photo more warmth and seductive feel and how this photo is of Mark Wahlberg and Kate Moss.
I was looking at same more of this work and they are very flirtatious and fascinating how he uses the human body in a sexually way but not to the point you feel uncomfortable looking at his work and also uses bright colours and has this 50s/90s vibe to his work but it still looks fashionable.


When I was thinking of ideas of what I could do I didn't want to do the same as everyone else which more then likely of been the really Photoshop photos and the bright colours and I was thinking of something more simple so I thought of under wear and that's how I found Bruce Weber who took photos for Calvin Klein and I was looking at his work what he had done for them and come across this photo of a man with his hands opening his bottoms and I thought I will recreate this photo but of a women. I used a canon EOS 650D I set my Exposure time at 1/13 I used Rembrandt lighting I had the soft box in front of me and I used an ordinary studio light to give the photo this cold shadow feel,I wanted to put a black and white edit on the photo just like Bruce Weber did in his Calvin Klein work,I just opened up photo-shop went into image then ajiustments and I did it in colour balance to get this black and white edit I didn't want it too dark so I just used colour balance,IOS was 400 and aperture F/5.6.When I was taking this photo I wanted it to be sexy but not in away that when people look at my work to think oh just another provocative photo I wanted it to be more modest,To have that sexy look but not too in your face and I think I took this photo really well when I had the idea in my head I didn't think it would of come out like this,What I do like most is the fact that even though I picked to do Bruce Weber who was the photographer for Calvin Klein,I think picking him had to be the hardest just because his work is mostly all under wear very sexy looking and I think they way I took his work and made something look abit less sexy,but still has that vibe to the photo,I wouldn't change anything about this photo,I didn't want to have the photo in colour just because I didn't want that photo-shop photo I just wanted something simple and I think I did when I was taking this photo and I am happy that I did choose to put in in black and white. 









Comments